Monday, March 10, 2008

waving the freak flag high

on saturday evening, my organization had it's annual benefit gala with a perfomance by the peking acrobats. there were delicious hors d'oeuvres, cocktails (mocktails for the mo in the room), and freaks...everywhere.



there must be something wrong with me. paying good money to watch someone turn themselves pretty much inside out and then smile at you from their crotch has absolutely no appeal. i actually felt bad for these circus freaks, and then i remembered...they CHOSE this profession. but then i thought, maybe they didn't. they are from china after all. no one chooses much of anything there. and then i felt bad again.

moral of the story, if you've got a freak flag, keep it to yourself. or at least warn a girl before you parade across the stage with it at mccarter theater!

4 comments:

Piper said...

HEY! I'M A FREAK! Haha, love your blog! JOB WELL DONE! Everyone is freaks in this world one way or another huh?

Cortney said...

personally, i love when people smile at me from their crotch... makes me feel special inside!

The Hawkins Family said...

LOL! You are a crack up! I'm so happy to see you are a blogaholic too!!! And I totally blogstalked Cortney!!! I can't believe everyone is so grown up! Seems like just yesterday we were in kindergarten! ok, I'll stop now.
=0)

the meyersons said...

There is so much to say, I don't know where to start.

Is that you on the top there, freak?